Who are we?
Kellen is a global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. We also offer outsource services such as meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. We are an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 300+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. Kellen has eight offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington DC.
Serves as the Account Executive for a trade association or professional association under the guidance of the Senior Account Executive. Manages the day-to-day operations of the association, including overseeing membership, committees, public relations, financials, communications, meetings, Web site(s), government affairs and technical activities.
What are we looking for?
- A college degree plus three to five years of experience preferred
- Ability to develop and manage programs and association budgets, including outcome
- Strong supervisory and motivational skills; minimum of three years’ experience managing employees
- Financial oversight experience; minimum of three years primary responsibility experience.
- Understanding of financial statement, ability to track and adhere to financial plans and budgets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills to meet client expectations and learn their business
- Proven leadership/management skills internally and externally with an independent style and high degree of initiative. Ability to motivate and manage team.
- Strong consensus building skills
- Ability to manage multiple, ever-changing priorities and situations
- Ability to manage staff resources and client budgets to maintain favorable variances and potentially increase surpluses and equity.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to travel
- Demonstrates strong credibility factors and key behaviors: integrity, competence, character, and composure.
- Ability to use creativity and innovative/strategic thinking to develop solutions
- Ability to evaluate existing plans, programs and processes and recommend effective solutions
- Ability to negotiate solutions affecting long-range organizational results
- High energy, multi-task oriented, with an entrepreneurial orientation
- Excellent human relations skills and ability to assist and obtain the support of others
- Self-motivated team player who is accountable for initiating and directing projects through to completion with a minimum of management direction.
- Versatile, good analytical and organizational skills with consistent attention to detail and deadlines.
- Computer literate with the “Can Do” approach to different and diverse software packages.
- Flexibility under competing time requirements and changing deadlines. Excellent focus and a good sense of priorities.
- Knowledge of antitrust laws affecting associations as well as IRS, insurance and business registration requirements
What will you do?
- Manages and leads the operations of the association, including:
- Assures productivity of association committees
- Facilitates growth of association membership
- Recommends and implements Board, Committee and manager directives
- Monitors technical support provided to the association
- Acts as liaison to association consultants and regulatory entities
- Monitors compliance with association contract and negotiates renewal, as appropriate
- Oversees financial status of the association, including anticipating financial difficulties (e.g., budget deficits), providing early alerts to appropriate volunteer leadership (e.g., the Treasurer, President/Chair, the Executive Committee and the Board) with recommended actions, reviews monthly financial statements and drafting of budgets with guidance as appropriate.
- Coordinates annual conferences, Board and Committee meetings, working with the Meetings Department and conference planning committees.
- Provides leadership to and interacts with the Board of Directors and various committees, attends meetings and prepares agendas and minutes as appropriate.
- Oversees development and distribution of association publications.
- Supervises support personnel as appropriate.
- Provides leadership in accomplishing client goals/objectives.
- Shares knowledge/information as appropriate within Kellen.
- Maintains awareness and nurture new business opportunities for Kellen.
Am I Qualified?
- BS/BA with a minimum of five years of applicable experience
- Highly productive when working independently and work well in a team environment
- Experience working with volunteers
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal & presentation) and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people
- Sound judgment, exceptional organizational skills, consistent attention to detail and prioritization of deadlines
- Ability to manage and resolve interpersonal and client issues
- Ability to multi-task and juggle deadlines
- Budget/financial adherence
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, which may involve multiple consecutive nights away from home and may include occasional weekend travel
What do offer?
An employee-owned company, Kellen offers a professional and collegial work environment and great benefits, and a collegial atmosphere where teamwork abounds and your efforts are truly appreciated. We work hard, but also strive for work/life balance. As an employee-owned company, you’ll join a team where everyone has a stake in the performance of the company. We offer generous benefits including medical, dental, vision paid vacation, holidays, a 401(k), and tuition reimbursement.