Who are we?
Kellen Company is a global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. We also offer additional services to our clients such as meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. We are an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 200+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. Kellen has eight offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Kansas City, Denver, New York City and Washington DC. Kellen celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2014.
What are we looking for?
An Account Executive (AE) to serve as executive director for a client in the travel and hospitality technology industry and will also serve in a general management capacity for at least one additional Kellen client association. S/he will manage the day-to-day operations of association client(s), including overseeing staff and initiatives related to membership, communications, meetings, budgeting or other pertinent actions. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
What will You do?
Oversight and management of the clients’:
- Strategic plan and direction
- Membership development
- Revenue generation and expense management
- Executive Committee, Board and committees
- Marketing and Promotion
- Industry research
- Staff management
- Budget planning and analysis
- Liaison with Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- Liaison with various committees including attending meetings and preparing Minutes, as appropriate
- Provide direction regarding overall association strategy
- Create and maintain partnerships/relationships with related industry organizations to increase awareness and grow client membership
- Ensure staff resources and deliverables are focused on client objectives
- Be conversant in industry trends and be the “voice of the industry”, as needed
- Implement client directives
- Identify new member benefits, emerging trends and actions to positively grow the association clients
- Approve monthly expenses and prepare budgets for approval
- Other duties as assigned.
Am I qualified?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications or associated disciplines;
- Knowledge of travel and/or hospitality industries helpful with a minimum of 7-10 years professional experience and a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a supervisory capacity in a professional field.
- Association management or non-profit experience a plus.
- Must be a positive team player in a challenging and changing environment; includes working with a variety of personnel.
- Flexibility under competing time requirements and changing deadlines.
- Excellent focus and a good sense of priorities.
- Detail oriented, high energy, self-motivated, organized, versatile and multi-task oriented.
- High level of patience to work with a wide range of client personalities.
- Intellectually curious and able to become expert in a diverse range of industries and professions.
What do we offer?
Kellen is an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 350+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. We have eight offices which are located in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington, DC. We offer a professional and collegial work environment, great benefits and take pride in delivering innovative solutions and new opportunities to clients to help them achieve greater levels of success.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary requirements to: HR6@kellencompany.com