Who are we?
Kellen Company is a global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. We also offer additional services to our clients such as meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. We are an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 200+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. Kellen has eight offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Kansas City, Denver, New York City and Washington DC. Kellen celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2014.
What are we looking for?
Kellen is seeking an experienced, energetic, organized account executive for its association management business. The initial assignment in Kellen’s downtown Washington DC office serving in a general management role for Kellen clients including a national association in the media industry reporting to the association executive director(s).
The successful candidate will have strong management and people skills to manage a professional and support staff, and to relate to a diverse group of association members. Excellent communication, consensus building, financial management and organizational capabilities are a must along with sharp attention to details. This is a challenging position with significant growth opportunity for an association manager ready to step up to the next level. The ideal candidate will be results driven, detail-oriented, quality-oriented, and enthusiastic and able to work under competing and varying deadlines. The successful candidate will be a team player and have a deep commitment to achieving positive change and proven ability to manage the organization’s resources.
What will you do?
- Work closely with the Executive Director in the management of day-to-day operations of the associations, including overseeing and working with membership, communications, meetings, database operations, website, accreditation, government affairs and technical activities.
- Review monthly expenses and financial statements, and assist with preparation of budgets for approval.
- association membership development activities and and conferences along with account team and member conference planning committees, including liaison with partner organizations with shared events.
- Provide support to committees.
- Invest in learning the client industry, become conversant in issues, challenges, threats, and opportunities, work with Executive Director to provide strategic leadership to the association Board of Directors and membership.
- Attend all meetings and assure preparation of minutes.
- Manage the association’s accreditation program logistics, coordinate with partner organization in the accreditation process.
- Oversee association membership development activities and implement membership recruitment and retention strategies.
Am I qualified?
- A college degree plus minimum three years of experience preferred, at least two in a supervisory capacity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills plus computer literacy, including social media
- Forward thinker with a positive, “whatever it takes” approach
- Demonstrated supervisory skills
- Reliable and flexible
- Ability to work with a wide range of personalities and styles
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and guidance
- High energy, self-motivated, multi-task oriented, with an entrepreneurial orientation
- Willing to travel, including internationally
What do we offer?
A congenial atmosphere where teamwork abounds and your efforts are truly appreciated. We work hard, but also strive for work/life balance. We offer participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Program, so everyone has a stake in the performance of the company. Kellen has great benefits including medical, dental, a health club onsite, paid vacation, holidays, a 401(k), tuition reimbursement.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate, seeking to make his or her mark in this well-established, international company. Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR3@kellencompany.com.