Who are we?
An equal opportunity, global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. Additional services include meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. Kellen is an employee owned company (ESOP) with over 350 employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. It has eight offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington DC. Kellen Company celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2014.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a self-starter with excellent time management and priority setting skills, with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in growth, multi-site, services businesses. This person will be responsible for full-charge accounting – directing and overseeing the general accounting, financial planning and reporting of client organizations.
What will you do?
- Prepare monthly financial reporting for multiple non-profit associations on a
- Timely basis, with appropriate analysis and interpretation;
- Keep Account Executive informed of all aspects of client’s financial status in a timely manner;
- Learn and understand the business of the association in order to provide more accurate/in depth analysis and financial guidance;
- Read minutes of Board meetings and other client information provided by Client Team;
- Work with outside auditor to prepare review or audit and tax return;
- Assist in the facilitation of the association’s budgeting process;
- Provide alternatives and corrective actions to meet financial objectives;
- Facilitate the establishment and maintenance of the client’s financial policies, procedures and controls consistent with sound management and best practices;
- Lead improvements in business and financial processes;
- Other duties as assigned
Am I qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum of 3-5 years progressive financial experience
- Great Plains general ledger and financial reporting experience desirable. Should demonstrate strong Excel and Word skills
- Association management or non-profit experience a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to quickly and accurately assess a situation/issue to determine objectives and next steps for resolution
- Ability to pursue and achieve aggressive goals
- Ability to get behind the numbers in order to drive change and help move the organization to new levels of performance.
What do we offer?
By joining Kellen, you will have the opportunity to own a part of the business and contribute to a collaborative workplace where you can make a difference. We’ve got great benefits, paid vacation, holidays, ESOP, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more!
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR5@kellencompany.com.