Who are we?
Kellen is a global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. We also offer outsource services such as meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. We are an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 300+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. Kellen has eight offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington DC.
What are we looking for?
The Kellen meetings department is the service division that manages the meetings, conferences and trade shows for all of our clients.
The Coordinator, Meetings & Expositions specifically supports the planning and execution of successful and profitable meeting programs. The position reports to the Director, Meetings & Expositions, and also offers project management support to the Meetings Managers under their oversight & direction. This position manages client expectations by maintaining a high level of customer service to account client team and to program participants for both internal and external clients.
What will you do?
Under general direction, either by the Director or Meetings Manager, perform and/or coordinate the following functions relating to the Meetings department:
- Support Meetings Manager initiatives on account-related administrative tasks such as:
- Venue & Vendor RFPs (Meeting venues, AV, tour options, product vendors, etc)
- Ordering meetings supplies
- Budget Research
- Processing check requests and payments
- Proofreading all printed & online copy for accuracy
- Pre-printing of conference materials
- Assisting with shipping of meetings materials in advance of event
- Historical pace tracking (room block pickup, registration)
- Build and maintain the online registration site
- Follow established Best Practices
- Suggest efficiencies and technical parameters
- Provide support on reported errors and issues, resetting passwords, training new users on basics
- Track & reconcile fees (set-up and per registrant) to the external client on a monthly basis
- Support and manage Hotel Request for Proposal (RFP) process by
- Following established Best Practices
- Creating and completing a process checklist
- Verifying correct information is distributed on the RFP
- Meeting required client deadlines
- Maintaining accurate vendor database and accurate distribution
- Assisting and coordinating with targeted properties and secure proposals
- Consistently providing accurate report of proposal options
- Support department initiatives and ongoing administrative duties, including:
- Tracking of commission and hotel award points earned
- Tracking executed hotel agreements
- Tracking major vendor partnership contracts for the department
- Maintaining the department area in a clean and orderly fashion
- Mail deliveries
- ASCAP/BMI Reporting and internal billing
- Department new business lead tracking
- Maintain and support department vendor relationships
- Organizing vendor department appointment requests
- Assuring vendor appointments are appropriate and slotted for best time suited for team attendance
- Act as main point of contact for vendor inquiries
- Administrative support as relates to Kellen
- Assist with front desk phone duties when needed, on a rotational basis
- Assist with company efforts in planning company events, as requested, including Kellen’s annual Managers Summit
- Some Travel may be required
- Provide onsite support as required
- Maintain highest level of quality
Am I qualified?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2-3 years experience with pre-event detailing and meeting planning administration
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and to maintain and project a positive demeanor
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint required
- Experience with pre-registration and online registration software preferred
- Attention to detail, strong work ethic and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, keeping priorities on track while receiving new tasks daily
- Some onsite meetings or event management experience preferred
What do we offer?
By joining Kellen, you will have the opportunity to own a part of the business and contribute to a collaborative workplace where you can make a difference. We’ve got great benefits, paid vacation, holidays, ESOP, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more!
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR2@kellencompany.com.