Who are we?
An equal opportunity, global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. Additional services include meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. Kellen is an employee owned company (ESOP) with over 350 employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. It has eight offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington DC. Kellen Company celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2014.
What are we looking for?
The financial analyst intern will primarily support the financial analysis & planning function at The Kellen Company by developing relevant financial models utilizing MS-Excel and BI360 to identify current and emerging trends in the business. In addition, this position will routinely research variances in the company’s financial performance to determine areas in need of improvement. Other projects in the areas of sales tax research and supporting client rojects may be assigned from time-to-time.
You will benefit through practical, hands-on experience developing financial models using state-of-the-art business tools and processes. You will further benefit from learning about nonprofit association management in various industries.
What will you do?
- Design and prepare Excel spreadsheet analyses of Kellen Companies’ operations
- Perform routine variance analyses on results of operations including changes in revenues, expenses and working capital
- Identify and report on business trends
- Support research on sales tax matters as directed
- Prepare state applications for sales tax exemption for client associations
- Assist in administrative and operational audits
- Support client association special projects as assigned
- Assist Staff controllers as assigned
- Support Group Controllers, Accounting Manager and Corporate Controller on an as needed basis
Am I Qualified?
- Intermediate or advanced level of Excel proficiency
- Understanding of global data warehouse usage and data modeling
- Business, finance or accounting degree preferred or working towards a degree
- Some experience in a working office environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Able to work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Client focus and commitment to total quality and continuous improvement
- Pro-active and positive team approach to problem solving
- Self-starter with excellent time management and priority setting skills
- Open to new ideas and approaches
- Great Plains experience desirable
- Strong analytical skills, superb customer service abilities
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills are required
- Word processing
- internet software
- database software
What do we offer?
By joining Kellen, you will have the opportunity to own a part of the business and contribute to a collaborative workplace where you can make a difference. We’ve got great benefits, paid vacation, holidays, ESOP, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more!
To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
Please send your resume, cover letter with salary requirements to HR7@kellencompany.com