Who are we?
Kellen is a global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. We also offer outsource services such as meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. We are an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 300+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. Kellen has eight offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington DC.
What are we looking for?
This position entails wide-ranging government affairs and advocacy coordination for multiple Kellen association clients. Candidates must be comfortable in a fast-paced, energetic, and participatory environment, where candidate’s involvement is critical to client success. This is a highly visible position within the company with an advancement path for candidates who can demonstrate their energy, professionalism, analytical skills, and intellectual curiosity. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
What will you do?
- Provide input into the development and implementation of association client’s public policy agendas.
- Monitor, analyze, and summarize legislative and regulatory developments on a wide variety of issues at the federal and state levels.
- Work with association members and staff teams to develop industry strategies for addressing these developments as well as proactive industry initiatives.
- Provide research into legislative and regulatory policy proposals, draft memos for association clients.
- Schedule congressional and regulatory meetings, compile informational packets and materials prior to meetings.
- Attend public policy hearings, briefings, seminars, coalition meetings, and other events to represent association clients and provide reports.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with likeminded organizations and advocacy coalitions.
- Manage association committees related to government affairs issues including preparation of meeting materials, meeting minutes, follow up action item lists, etc.
- Contribute to external communications content related to legislative and regulatory developments including, but not limited to, newsletters, website content, press releases, and editorials.
Am I qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 1-3 years of legislative and/or regulatory experience.
- General working knowledge of Congress, state legislatures, and federal and state regulatory agencies.
- High energy, versatile and multi-task oriented, self-directed once trained on assigned tasks, and able to handle diverse details at one time.
- Computer literate with a “can do” approach to diverse software packages including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and proofreading skills.
- Must be a positive team player in a challenging and ever-changing environment.
- Flexibility under competing priorities and changing deadlines.
- Excellent focus and able to manage and balance priorities.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Professional demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Ability to travel.
What do we offer?
By joining Kellen, you will have the opportunity to own a part of the business and contribute to a collaborative workplace where you can make a difference. We’ve got great benefits, paid vacation, holidays, ESOP, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more!
Please send your resume, cover letter with salary requirements to HR6@kellencompany.com
To find out more about us visit: http://kellencompany.com/communications/