Who are we?
An equal opportunity, global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. Additional services include meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. Kellen is an employee owned company (ESOP) with over 350 employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. It has eight offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington DC. Kellen Company celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2014.
What are we looking for?
A Government Affairs professional to work with a great team as a major government affairs resource for several food and healthcare trade associations managed by a premier, global association management firm.
What Will You Do?
- Monitor, analyze, interpret and summarize regulatory and legislative developments related to food and nutrition issues at the Federal and state levels.
- Work with association committees and staff teams in developing industry strategies for addressing these developments as well as pro-active industry initiatives.
- Attend public policy hearings, briefings, seminars, coalition meetings and other events representing association clients and provide reports
- Manage association committees related to government affairs issues including preparation of meeting materials, meeting minutes, follow up action item lists, etc.
- Collaborate with Executive Directors in formation and management of coalitions of like-minded organizations.
- Assist in keeping association members informed through value-added communications.
- Contribute to external content related to regulatory and legislative developments including, but not limited to, website content, press releases and editorials.
- Assist in membership recruitment efforts to expand associations’ funding base
Am I Qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree
- Substantive legislative and/or regulatory experience
- General working knowledge of Congress, state legislatures and federal and state regulatory agencies
- Outstanding writing and verbal skills; clear and concise communicator
- High-energy, self-motivated, conscientious, flexible, solutions-oriented, team player
- Intellectually curious; willing to invest in understanding technical issues
- Experience with food and healthcare public policy issues (including U.S. FDA and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) a plus
What do we offer?
Kellen is an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 300+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. We have eight offices which are located in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington, DC. We offer a professional and collegial work environment, great benefits and take pride in delivering innovative solutions and new opportunities to clients to help them achieve greater levels of success.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary requirements to HR1@kellencompany.com