Who are we?
An equal opportunity, global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. Additional services include meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. Kellen is an employee owned company (ESOP) with over 350 employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. It has eight offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington DC. Kellen Company celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2014.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a Full-time and a Part-time Intern from March-May for the NYC office.
The interns will assist several association clients, including New York Women in Communications, with administrative support. The intern will benefit from learning about nonprofit association management in various industries and will develop his or her event planning, communications and administrative skills through meaningful, hands-on projects. Strong administrative skills, exceptional written and verbal communications, superb customer service abilities and organizational and multi-tasking skills are required.
What will you do?
- Administrative support for Association Executive Directors and association staff
- Assist in event planning and logistics
- Compose and edit correspondence using Microsoft Office computer applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Opportunity to learn database technology (Personify), website maintenance (Drupal), event planning software (eTouches), email marketing tools (Constant
- Contact), social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Hootsuite, etc.), and more, depending on intern’s particular interests
Am I Qualified?
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interest in nonprofit or association management
- Must have completed at least one year of college coursework
What do we offer?
By joining Kellen, you will have the opportunity to own a part of the business and contribute to a collaborative workplace where you can make a difference. We’ve got great benefits, paid vacation, holidays, ESOP, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more!
To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
Please send your resume, cover letter with salary requirements to HR1@kellencompany.com