Who are we?
An equal opportunity, global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. Additional services include meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. Kellen is an employee owned company (ESOP) with over 350 employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. It has eight offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington DC. Kellen Company celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2014
What are we looking for ?
The business analyst helps shape, implement and improve the systems and business processes for effective customer service and operational efficiency. This role will work with individuals and teams across departments to analyze develop and implement membership systems, websites, custom applications and other solutions. This role understands the business processes impacted by the systems and works across the enterprise to gather requirements, define and document solution, implement changes, coordinate testing and rollout, and train and communicate with stakeholders. This role also manages and coordinates projects and provides critical coordination with IT and client teams.
What will you do?
- Work closely with clients to define and document business processes and requirements as they relate to the membership systems (AMS), websites, custom applications and other tools.
- Elicit stakeholder requirements using interviews, document and system analysis, and other tools and translate into document deliverables such as functional specifications, use cases, user stories, process diagrams and documents.
- Ensure coordination of efforts between the IS (enterprise application) and IT (infrastructure) areas by serving as liaison and identifying and resolving issues.
- Identify opportunities to improve system and business process design and ensure recommended solutions align with both the organization’s business needs and technology strategies and are successfully implemented.
- Work with technical and client teams, members and volunteers to carry out internal and external testing and secure user acceptance.
- Work closely with the technical team to ensure functional requirements are accurate and complete. Ensure proposals and design documents accurately reflect customer needs and expectations.
- Understand core membership systems and be able to provide backup and troubleshooting as needed.
- Undertake special projects as assigned.
Am I Qualified?
- Strong analytical ability required in order to understand and interpret user business requirements and processes; perform analysis and research; and translate into useful documentation in a timely manner.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and business support requests and see them through to resolutions
- Skilled at translating high-level requirements into detailed and accurate functional requirements and project proposals
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for learning new technologies a must
- Excellent time management skills, attention to detail, follow-through, and a proven ability to work with grace under pressure during peak workload periods
- Problem-solving skills, decision-making ability, and the ability to take initiative and be assertive
- Ability to manage and lead complex projects with multiple stakeholders, including coordinating resources and managing project timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate professionally with all stakeholders
- Ability to perform product demos and explain complex technical systems and processes in easily understood terms
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years’ experience with web technologies and applications and database systems
- 2-3 years’ experience as a business analyst, researcher, business support specialist, or other technical services role
- Experience with client services, associations and/or nonprofits strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
What do we offer?
By joining Kellen, you will have the opportunity to own a part of the business and contribute to a collaborative workplace where you can make a difference. We’ve got great benefits, paid vacation, holidays, ESOP, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more!
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR8@kellencompany.com