Who are we?
Dynamic leading communications organization is seeking an experienced Public Relations Account Executive to manage all day-to-day aspects of our client programs and help strengthen our public-facing brand. Our clients include a broad range of Consumer, B2B and Financial Service clients. We are a rapidly growing organization interested in penetrating new markets and increasing brand visibility. The successful candidate will be assigned client programs across all print and digital channels, establishing a social media presence across multiple platforms and content marketing. If you love helping companies grow into their potential, we’re excited to discuss this position with you.
What are we looking for?
- An Account Executive should have a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience, ideally working in an agency environment.
- A point person for account work — conducts proactive and strategic media relations for clients with direction from supervisor
- Draft press releases and pitches and other written materials that need no more than one rounds of edits
- Draft agendas and notes that need almost no editing with no items missed
- Effectively and frequently pitches by phone as well as email, secures a significant quality and quantity of placements
- Update media lists and proactively look for new reporters and publications to add
- Pitch targeted media outlets, including broadcast, print and new media
- Write and edit press materials, including media alerts, fact sheets, bios, etc.
- Work as part of a team environment
- Strong research skills
- Solution-oriented team player
- Positive, can-do attitude
What will you do?
- Develop client reports
- Participate in brainstorm sessions
- Manage events, conferences and trade shows, as necessary
- Social and digital media programs
- Proactively work buddy list
- Ability to send e-blasts quickly and efficiently
- Manage publication organization (library)
- Be a major contributor to account interaction
- Contribute to meetings in an active and meaningful way, ensure meeting materials are prepared, available and organized
- Regularly clip, file and send digital and print press placements
- Monitor media for clients
- Organized and on top of to-do list, meets deadlines
- Help run our social media, strong understanding of all social media channels
- Proactively come up with ideas and suggest next steps for clients
- Come up with PR and social media ideas for Relevance New York (treating us like a client)
- Reads industry and consumer publications we pitch
Am I qualified?
- Three plus years of public relations experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the Communications/Public Relations/Marketing fields
- Previous experience in B2B/ public relations/integrated marketing communications preferred
- Proven track record of generating new ideas and opportunities
- Exceptional communications skills – written, verbal and interpersonal
- Knowledge of social and digital media best practices
- Committed to continuous learning, seeking best practices and knowledge of new and emerging communications strategies/tactics and tools
- Energetic & self-motivated
- Can-do attitude
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and effectively organize; manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, to ensure various deadlines are met
What do we offer?
Kellen is an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 300+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. We have eight offices which are located in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington, DC. We offer a professional and collegial work environment, great benefits and take pride in delivering innovative solutions and new opportunities to clients to help them achieve greater levels of success.
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary requirements to HR9@kellencompany.com.