Who are we?
Dynamic leading communications organization is seeking an experienced PR Account Supervisor to manage all aspects of our client programs and help build our public-facing brand. Our clients include a broad range of Consumer, B2B and Financial Service clients. We are a rapidly growing organization interested in penetrating new markets and increasing brand visibility. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing client programs across all print and digital channels, establishing a social media presence across multiple platforms and content marketing. If you love helping companies grow into their potential, we’re excited to discuss this position with you.
What are we looking for?
- An Account Supervisor should have a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience
- Proven track record developing strategic, integrated programs and be able to lead a team.
- Serve as primary liaison with clients, building a relationship of trust and a member of the client team
- Oversee a group of key clients, and all related client work
- Provide ongoing client counsel, and respond to client needs as necessary
- Manage junior team members, providing ongoing feedback and professional development
- Manage client meetings, regular conference calls and periodic reviews
- Lead brainstorming sessions on client product launches, local market and promotional events
- Develop strategic plans incorporating digital and social media, as well as traditional media
- Oversee, write and edit all client presentations and plans
- Develop and maintain relationships with key influential media
- Participate in new business new business pitches, where necessary
- Candidate must be experienced and have the ability to achieve placements in major business and trade media.
- Must be able to prepare client reports for presentation to client decision-makers.
What will you do?
Client Management :
- Act as principle client contact
- Set results-driven media strategies in alignment with client objectives; identify and resolve when strategies aren’t working or the situations change
- Proactively trouble-shoot and communicate all client issues with senior management and client
- Maintain proactive communication with client to ensure client satisfaction
Strategy Development and Media Relations :
- Write comprehensive programs for existing clients and new business plans for potential clients
- Regularly research and seek understanding of corporate and market place trends
- Write positioning statements, press releases, pitch letters, client memos and other materials with little to no editing from supervisors
Performance Management and Staff Development:
- Meet and communicate with supervisors on a regular basis to ensure that your coaching, prioritization, problem solving and resource needs are being met (Managing Up)
- Manage one or more employees
- Meet regularly with reports to provide coaching, direction, delegate assignments, address issues/concerns/ workloads of employees supervised
- Demonstrate and teach/communicate an understanding of budget management
New Business Development:
- Keep current on what is happening in the overall PR industry via regular monitoring of PR and related industry trade media
- Network on behalf of the agency
- Participate in new business activities for team and other departments at the agency
Administrative and Report Writing:
- Run weekly/monthly team meetings
- Develop and maintain budget trackers, reviews and reports
- Handle work that falls outside of your official job description, when necessary, including temporary assignments involving other accounts
- Compile and write reports as required
Am I qualified?
- Five plus years of public relations experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, business or related discipline
- Solid leadership skills that inspire the confidence of managers, clients, direct reports and colleagues
- Reactivity, resourcefulness and tenacity in strategy development and problem-solving
- Ability to manage, inspire and develop direct reports
- Presentation skills including the ability to comfortably run high-level meetings
- Strong drive for excellence
- Advanced understanding of media, digital and industry functions
What do we offer?
Kellen is an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 300+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. We have eight offices which are located in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington, DC. We offer a professional and collegial work environment, great benefits and take pride in delivering innovative solutions and new opportunities to clients to help them achieve greater levels of success.
For consideration please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary requirements to HR9@kellencompany.com.