Who are we?
An equal opportunity, global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. Additional services include meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. Kellen is an employee owned company (ESOP) with over 350 employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. It has eight offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington DC. Kellen Company celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2014.
What are we looking for?
A dynamic and motivated individual who is creative, detail-oriented and reliable to work as a member of account teams implementing B2B and B2C programs. Candidates must have a passion for communications, enjoy learning about new industries, trends and issues in the news, and stay up-to-date on current affairs.
Reporting to the account supervisor/senior account supervisor, the associate account executive will support the implementation of media relations, issues management, marketing communications and social media programs for clients in the consumer, B2B and nonprofit sectors.
What Will You Do?
- Media monitoring and reporting;
- Cultivating relationships with journalists and bloggers, pitching media, securing placements, managing media requests for clients
- Developing, verifying and maintaining up-to-date media lists, tracking documents and clip books
- Writing press releases, bylined articles, op-eds, newsletters, brochures, web content
- Developing client reports, conducting research, arranging and attending meetings and media or client events, and conference calls
- Contributing to social media program development and implementation
- Coordinating special events
- Supporting new business proposal writing and research
- Participating in professional development programs
- Participating in Kellen corporate committees and attending Kellen functions.
Am I Qualified?
- B.A. or B.S. degree in a discipline related to public relations, journalism or communications
- Superb written and oral communications skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proficient in social/digital media with at least a basic understanding of how it can be incorporated into marketing communications programs
- The ideal candidate enjoys working in a collaborative environment
- Exhibits sound judgment and attention to detail, and is able to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
What do we offer?
Kellen is an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 300+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. We have eight offices which are located in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington, DC. We offer a professional and collegial work environment, great benefits and take pride in delivering innovative solutions and new opportunities to clients to help them achieve greater levels of success.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary requirements to HR9@kellencompany.com