Who are we?
Kellen Company is a global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. We also offer additional services to our clients such as meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. We are an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 200+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. Kellen has eight offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington DC. Kellen celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2014.
What are we looking for?
Kellen, a rapidly growing global company with more than 50 years in communications and association management, seeks a dynamic public relations/public affairs account supervisor in Washington, DC with leadership abilities. We’re looking for a dynamic and motivated professional with experience developing and implementing strategic, integrated communications programs; leading account teams in an agency environment; and attracting prospective clients.
What will you do?
Reporting to the vice president, the account supervisor will develop and implement strategic public relations and public affairs programs for clients in B2B sectors. Position includes serving as day-to-day client contact, program creation and management, regulatory and issues monitoring and management, managing budgets and supervising staff and contributing to the professional development of direct reports.
Candidates must be available to work weekdays, during regular Kellen business hours in our Washington, DC office. The position may require some domestic or international travel which may involve multiple consecutive nights away from home and may include occasional weekend assignments. Candidates must be willing to travel by air, be available to attend meetings and conferences in other cities/countries as-needed, and be available to work weekends with advance notice.
- Develop and implement public relations/public affairs programs including: Research and planning, positioning and message development; budget management, serving as primary client contact and preparing regular reports for client, attending client meetings and events;
- Staying current on clients’ industry-related issues;
- Write and edit reports, white papers, press materials, bylined articles, newsletters, op-eds, website content and other written materials;
- Cultivate relationships with journalists and pitch media, manage media requests for clients;
- Develop, verify and maintain up-to-date media lists, client reports, and other materials, as needed;
- Serve as client liaison to other companies or groups within the clients’ industry sectors;
- Cultivate and manage relationships with clients and third-party vendors;
- Collaborate with other account team members;
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients and other audiences;
- Proposal writing and research;
- Attend Kellen meetings and events, and new business presentations.
Am I qualified?
- A passion for public relations and public affairs
- 8 years minimum professional PR/PA experience
- BS/BA in a discipline related to journalism, public relations, public affairs or communications
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Successful track record conceiving and implementing B2B communications programs and serving as the program/project lead with direct client contact
- Experience managing and mentoring staff and nurturing a team environment
- Experience in issues management, regulatory affairs, and proactive PR campaigns
- Experience with scientific or technical business sectors and trade associations, is a plus
- Self-motivated yet enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Exhibit consistent attention to detail, prioritization of deadlines, sound judgment and exceptional organizational skills
- Enjoy engaging with clients and learning about client industries.
What do we offer?
A congenial atmosphere where teamwork abounds and your efforts are truly appreciated. We work hard, but also strive for work/life balance. We offer participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Program, so everyone has a stake in the performance of the company. Kellen has great benefits including medical, dental, a health club onsite, paid vacation, holidays, a 401(k), tuition reimbursement.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR6@kellencompany.com.