Kellen is the leading professional services firm dedicated to creating, managing and advising EU and global trade associations and interest groups.
Kellen is currently looking for a Secretary General for two of its trade associations dealing with cultures and enzymes.
The Secretary General will be a member of client association teams operating in the biotechnology sector, and more specifically in enzymes (http://www.amfep.org/) and microbial cultures (http://www.effca.org/). The position is based in our Brussels office.
The main roles will be to:
- Position the associations as the authoritative voice on their respective fields and represent the interest of the members towards all stakeholders on international and European level;
- Proactively manage the client associations’ activities in the areas of food legislation and food regulatory issues, thereby contributing to a comprehensible and favorable regulatory environment;
- Independently develop, propose and lead the implementation of strategies of the associations in close cooperation with the association leadership and the staff team.
This position would also entail:
- Representing the association and building and maintaining high level relationships with key stakeholders, in particular EU Institutions, agencies and relevant associations;
- Providing pro-active strategic support to the association’s leadership and members, by managing the Executive Committee, the Working Groups and by coordinating the work of the association staff team (2-3 people);
- Identifying the best strategies to implement public affairs and regulatory programs, to advocate positions and to manage the associations’ communication and media activities, in close collaboration with the working groups’ Chairs and the members;
- Coordinate the monitoring and analyzing of relevant EU and national regulatory policies and lead the development of positions on technical issues.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in EU Affairs – experience in the EU food policy sector is required (an understanding of legislations related to enzyme / microbial cultures is a plus)
- Excellent knowledge of the EU Institutions and established network of contacts in EU institutions
- Strong experience in working with international or European trade associations
- Proactive and efficient professional, able to work independently, with a high level of commitment and a certain degree of flexibility, with strong diplomatic skills
- Self-starter and strong team player, quality and result oriented and willing to work in an international environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate scientific and technical information in simple messages to decision makers
- Master’s degree level (scientific background is a plus)
- Outstanding analytical/research skills and proven accuracy / Very good writing and presentational skills
- Computer literate (MS office, web-based tools)
- Excellent written and spoken English and proficient knowledge of at least 1 other language
- An attractive base salary and remuneration package commensurate with experience
- An international working environment with a leading firm
- Opportunity for career growth
- Continuous training and professional development
Application process: Please send your CV and cover letter by 24 April 2016 by e-mail to Bénédicte Lambert (ref: vacancy Secretary General April 2016) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information on Kellen: www.kellencompany.com