Who are we?
Kellen is a global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. We also offer outsource services such as meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. We are an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 300+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. Kellen has eight offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington DC.
What are we looking for?
Kellen is seeking an energetic, strategic and visionary management professional with medical industry experience to serve as a Kellen account executive and senior staff executive for a 4,000-member medical professional society. The position will also be responsible for direct supervisory management of education, membership services, and administrative staff and will coordinate closely with Kellen departments for marketing, conference management and accounting.
This position will report to Kellen senior management with responsibility for overall operations of Kellen association clients. Responsibilities for management oversight and/or hands-on responsibilities include:
- Board and organization leadership and strategic advice
- Membership development and growth
- Third-party liaison and alliances, including global alliances
- Board and committee management
- Membership services
- Marketing and promotion
- Conference management including exhibit and sponsor promotion and sales
- Chapter and Special Interest Group management
What will you do?
- Present a strong leadership presence with insightful vision that volunteer leaders will rally around
- Offer strategic assessments and advice on alliances and budget driven programs
- Enhance the association’s visibility and influence through assertive outreach
- Identify new member benefits, emerging trends and ways to positively develop the association
- Enhance revenue streams
- Develop budget proposals and serve as final reviewer of financial statements provided to volunteer leaders
- Provide support for Executive Committee, Board and committees for their meetings, conference calls and assigned duties
- Work with Kellen’s marketing and meetings departments to plan and execute programs and services
- Assure the delivery of top shelf education programs and effective channels for delivery
- Lead membership development, identifying prospects and developing and implementing retention and recruitment strategies.
- Provide quality control for staff work and output to ensure that the association is operating flawlessly and consistently tracking its work against the overall strategic plan and best practices.
- Liaise with certification program service provider and leadership
- All other responsibilities and tasks as assigned.
Am I qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- Minimum five years of professional experience; demonstrated expertise for strategic leadership and successful management of association programs and activities
- Minimum three years of effective management and supervisory experience with direct staff
- Experience with professional societies a major plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent reasoning, analytical skills, decision making, problem-solving and relationship building skills
- Strategic marketing and branding experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to lead a team, building consensus and accomplishing goals
- Intellectually curious; willing to invest time in staying abreast of client profession
- Ability to conceptualize and execute ideas
- Strong project and time management skills, ability to delegate, with follow up and accountability.
What do we offer?
By joining Kellen, you will have the opportunity to own a part of the business and contribute to a collaborative workplace where you can make a difference. We’ve got great benefits, paid vacation, holidays, ESOP, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more!
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR7@kellencompany.com.