Who are we?
Kellen is a global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. We also offer outsource services such as meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. We are an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 300+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. Kellen has eight offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington DC
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-directed, strategic-thinking Staff Associate. He or she will join a Kellen team providing day to day administrative and management support for one of our scientific professional associations. The position which requires exceptional internal and external communication skills, a commitment to world class member service, and attention to detail.
What will you do?
This position will serve as the staff liaison to the association’s membership committee and conference support committee.
Functions related to working with the membership committee include:
- Interacting with current and prospective members of the association
- Inter-office coordination of efforts related to membership administration, recruiting and development
- Providing support to members, maintaining membership records, and answering questions about membership status/benefits.
Functions related to working with the conference committee include:
- Managing meeting aspects for the annual conference and quarterly workshops, including assisting the Marketing/Communications manager with conference marketing;
- Collaborates with volunteer liaisons responsible for the program and content
- Collaborates with the Conference Director for on-site accommodations
- Coordinating abstract submissions
- Coordinating the on-site printed program
- Coordinating the on-site handouts and related materials
- Shipping materials to meetings.
Am I qualified?
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills – able to plan, organize and prioritize several assignments effectively
- Outstanding attention-to-detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience relevant to this position
- Responds quickly to changing circumstances and priorities
- Customer/client service oriented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs & association management databases
- Strong work ethic and ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
What do we offer?
By joining Kellen, you will have the opportunity to own a part of the business and contribute to a collaborative workplace where you can make a difference. We’ve got great benefits, paid vacation, holidays, ESOP, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more!
Please send your resume, cover letter with salary requirements to HR5@kellencompany.com