Who are we?
Kellen is a global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. We also offer outsource services such as meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. We are an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 300+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. Kellen has eight offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington DC.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-directed, strategic-thinking Staff Associate. He or she will join multiple Kellen teams providing day to day administrative and management support of associations, which requires exceptional communications, customer service and attention to details.
What will you do?
- Support and serve multiple Kellen teams and association committees –providing exceptional service and executing missions and objectives
- Manage electronic files on shared drives.
- General administration:
- Maintain association general files, create new member files
- Prepare and process accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions in coordination with Kellen Accounting
- As primary association point of contact, field and direct member and public inquiries by phone, email, and regular mail within 24 hours
- Knowledgeable and proficient on database and other association package software; primary interface in preparing mailings and developing email lists and maintaining several databases.
- Ensure the accuracy of the client member records, add/delete members as appropriate
- Respond to new membership inquiries, solicit memberships as directed by senior staff and member committee, process new memberships and send welcome kits.
- Collaborate with multiple internal departments, including accounting, membership and meeting planning
- Support meeting planning, from badges and registration materials to processing meeting registrations for assigned clients.
- Prepare for various client meetings
- Handle collection and dues processing duties
- Follow up with client/member accounts payable departments.
- Schedule committee and task force meetings, teleconferences and webinars; develop action items from such calls and meetings, as directed.
- Stay well informed about the members and the industries they represent
Am I qualified?
- Requires a college diploma and demonstrated experience
- Experience with professional societies and/or associations a plus.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, customer service, verbal and written communications skills.
- Requires the ability to respond to inquiries from internal and external customers with a sense of urgency
- Creative and adaptive thinker who enjoys learning, taking on unfamiliar challenges, and shaping new strategic approaches and frameworks
- Must be a positive team player in a challenging and changing environment; includes working with a variety of personnel, internally and externally
- Excellent at time management. Flexibility under competing time requirements and changing deadlines. Ability to work evenings when there are client activities and events.
- Excellent focus and a good sense of priorities. Ability to juggle multiple tasks without feeling overwhelmed.
- Detail oriented, high energy, self-motivated, organized, versatile and multi-task oriented.
- Strong grasp and proficiency of computer programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- High level of patience to work with a wide range of personalities
- Operates with warmth, humor, a collaborative approach and a ‘can do’ mindset
What do we offer?
By joining Kellen, you will have the opportunity to own a part of the business and contribute to a collaborative workplace where you can make a difference. We’ve got great benefits, paid vacation, holidays, ESOP, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more!
Please send your resume, cover letter with salary requirements to HR3@kellencompany.com
To find out more about us visit: http://kellencompany.com/communications/