Who are we?
Kellen is a global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. We also offer outsource services such as meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. We are an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 300+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. Kellen has eight offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington DC.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-directed, strategic-thinking Staff Associate . He or she will join multiple Kellen teams providing day to day administrative and management support of associations, which requires exceptional communications, customer service and attention to details.
What will you do?
- Interface with our clients’ Board of Directors, Committee Leadership, Members and Supplier community via phone, email and in-person meetings and events.
- Stay well informed about the members and the industries they represent
- Support and serve multiple Kellen teams and association committees – from membership and communications to education and certification– providing exceptional service and executing missions and objectives
- Respond to multiple inquiries and requests, preparing communications and informational materials
- Navigate complex environments to develop and maintain lasting relationships
- Collaborate with multiple internal departments, including accounting, membership and meeting planning
- Prepare high quality written material for websites, newsletters, eblasts and other communications vehicles
- Support meeting planning, from badges and registration lists to onsite support
- Prepare for and attend various client meetings
- Complete additional projects and duties as assigned.
Am I qualified?
- Requires a college diploma and demonstrated experience and success in organizational leadership and management.
- Experience with professional societies and/or associations a plus.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, customer service, verbal and written communications skills.
- Requires the ability to respond to inquiries from internal and external customers with a sense of urgency
- Creative and adaptive thinker who enjoys learning, taking on unfamiliar challenges, and shaping new strategic approaches and frameworks
- Must be a positive team player in a challenging and changing environment; includes working with a variety of personnel, internally and externally
- Excellent at time management.
- Flexibility under competing time requirements and changing deadlines. Ability to work evenings when there are client activities and events.
- Excellent focus and a good sense of priorities.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks without feeling overwhelmed.
- Detail oriented, high energy, self-motivated, organized, versatile and multi-task oriented.
- Strong grasp and proficiency of computer programs such as Word and Excel.
- High level of patience to work with a wide range of personalities
- Operates with warmth, humor, a collaborative approach and a ‘can do’ mindset
What do we offer?
By joining Kellen, you will have the opportunity to own a part of the business and contribute to a collaborative workplace where you can make a difference. We’ve got great benefits, paid vacation, holidays, ESOP, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more!
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org