Who are we?
Kellen Company is a global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. We also offer additional services to our clients such as meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. We are an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 200+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. Kellen has eight offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Kansas City, Denver, New York City and Washington DC. Kellen celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2014.
What are we looking for?
This position has two components:
The Staff Associate (90% of time) is a support staff professional for multiple Washington, DC-based account teams. The Facilities Coordinator (10% of time) serves as liaison to the building management and manages office suite repairs, supply replenishment and other administrative aspects of the office’s operation.
Administrative support includes composing and processing correspondence, serving as administrative assistant to senior account staff, and coordination of special projects as specifically defined. The Staff Associate applies computer skills, knowledge of administrative support systems and understanding of policies and procedures to complete tasks and special projects.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-directed, strategic-thinking Staff Administrator. He or she will join multiple Kellen teams providing day to day administrative and management support of associations, which requires exceptional communications, customer service and attention to details.
What will You do?
- Prepare mailing lists for association mailings
- Ensure the accuracy of the client member records, add/delete members as appropriate
- Respond to new membership inquiries, solicit memberships as directed by senior staff and member committee, process new memberships and send welcome kits.
- Coordinate mailings, shipping and other assignments, and special projects.
- Help coordinate activities with respect to association meetings as needed (ex: registration, member liaison, logistics, sponsorship solicitations, signage, name badges).
- May be asked to provide onsite support at association annual conferences and other events as needed. Occasional overnight travel required.
- Using Emma, Abila NetForum or other software tools, create promotional email communications, event webpages, and registration forms.
- Prepare meeting registration materials (paper and/or electronic) and process meeting registrations for assigned clients.
- Handle dues collection and processing duties. Coordinate with Kellen Accounting as needed. Follow up with client/member accounts payable departments.
- Schedule committee and task force meetings, teleconferences and webinars. Participate by preparing meeting notes, minutes, and action items as needed.
- Manage electronic files on shared drives.
- Coordinate website content and work with vendor and/or content management system to keep client websites current.
- Respond to general Association inquiries within 48 hours of receipt.
- Maintain association general files, create new member files
- Prepare and process accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions in coordination with Kellen Accounting
- As primary association point of contact, field and direct member and public inquiries by phone, email, and regular mail
- Present a polished and professional appearance at the reception desk, as the first individual greeting Kellen visitors, from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday (with appropriate breaks).
- Distribute incoming daily mail and shipments; ensure that all outgoing shipments are dispatched on a timely basis.
- Identify repair and maintenance needs within the suite, and ensure that repairs are ordered and carried out promptly and properly by building maintenance staff and/or outside contractors. Serve as Kellen liaison with National Press Building management.
- Schedule conference room use by Kellen Staff; prepare rooms for use; order catering as requested; ensure that staff renders facilities clean and ready for the next user.
- Manages offsite storage records, and orders retrieval and return of stored records.
- Other duties as assigned.
Am I qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- One or two years of professional work experience is preferred.
- A proven track record of success is required.
- High energy, organized, self-directed, and ability to handle accurately diverse details at one time.
- Ability to multi-task, working in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Computer literate with the “can do” approach to different and diverse software packages including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Experience with Abila NetForum, YourMembership, or other AMS software is a plus.
- Demonstrated communication (written & verbal) and proofing skills.
- Must be a positive team player in a challenging and changing environment; includes working with and being dependent upon a variety of personnel. Flexibility under competing time requirements and changing deadlines. Excellent focus and a good sense of priorities. Detail oriented.
- Flexibility under competing time requirements and changing deadlines.
What do we offer?
Kellen is an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 350+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. We have eight offices which are located in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington, DC. We offer a professional and collegial work environment, great benefits and take pride in delivering innovative solutions and new opportunities to clients to help them achieve greater levels of success.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary requirements to: HR8@kellencompany.com