Pecan Chefs Summit for the National Pecan Shellers Association
The Pecan Chef Summit was an exclusive event for 10 influential culinary R&D chefs hosted by NPSA designed to immerse influential chefs into the world of pecans. Attendees participated in an all-inclusive summit getting acquainted with the many uses, tastes, varieties and nutritional benefits of pecans with particular emphasis on the versatility of pecan pieces
Kellen created a three-day chef immersion experience in Atlanta, Georgia at the Serenbe sustainable community with top brands, chefs, and culinary influencers.
Chefs participated in educational sessions about the pecan industry and had an opportunity to get hands-on experiences developing new recipes with pecans.
- High Road Craft Ice Cream: Launched 2 new pecan ice cream flavors in March through Whole Foods nationwide with new pecan inspired flavors to be added
- Sysco: Most popular and most successful menu item is the “house” salad with candied pecans
- Bloomin’ Brands USA: Outback stores use 200k pounds per year. Brazil with only 75 stores use 60k pounds. Serve the following pecan products: salads, ice cream, seasons, “Thunder Down Under Brownie”
New Original Content Created
By hosting this unique event, Kellen was able to create new original content for multiple platforms:
- 20+ Recipes for the ilovepecans.org website
- Chef and Influencer Testimonials
- 3 Videos – 2 B2C and 1 B2B
- Chef demos at industry events – 2016 Research Chefs Association Expo, NPSA Mid-Winter Meeting
- Business-to-Business and Consumer Articles
- Social Media Content during and after the event
- Shared new pecan content with members who shared on multiple platforms