What the Trump Administration Means for Associations and Nonprofits
Expectations for a Trump Administration
- Monetary-Driven Policies
- Less Talk, More Action
- Facts Matter, but Emotions Matter Too
- Faster Digital Communications
- Filtering of the News Information
- Be a thought leader and take advantage of social media and digital platforms.
- Monitor, monitor, monitor!
- Align advocacy initiatives with your membership’s priorities now.
- Don’t wait until you get the call – have a plan for how you will alert your members and respond to internal and external audiences.
- Update your friendlies and enemies list now.
- Promote your activities and create shareable materials.
- Amplify your message with member stories and experiences.
- Solidify your partnerships through allied organizations and coalitions.
Tools for Political News Monitoring
- Morning Consult: Nonpartisan news reporting with daily briefings
- World Press: Collects news and opinion from around the world, from many different top sources
- Lexology: Thought leaders and lawyers to deliver tailored updates and analysis on a daily basis.
- Roll Call News Alerts: Insider news and alerts for Capitol Hill
- Senate and House Committee/Subcommittee Mailing Lists: Circulated to press and interested persons on activities within the Senate and House Committee and Subcommittee’s.
- Agency Subscriptions: Email updates from the DOE, DOD, EPA, OSHA, etc.