April 26, 2013
On April 22, 2013, New York Women in Communications (one of Kellen’s clients since 1994!) presented the 2013 Matrix Awards honoring seven remarkable women who have changed the world through their work in the communications industry. The awards were given during a luncheon hosted by WE tv at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York City, emceed by the entertaining and witty, Joan Rivers.
What’s the formula to being one of Biz Bash’s Top Ten Media Events in NYC?
- Great host sponsor – Find a sponsor who along with dollars and man hours will put their stamp and signature on the event. A new host makes every year feel fresh and new.
- Fabulous volunteers – A large scale event cannot be executed without incredibly dedicated volunteers. Our volunteers work on everything from fundraising to the program – all while handling day jobs at the same time!
- An entertaining emcee – Joan Rivers is one of a kind. She kept the show moving and made it lively, which the audience loved.
- Impressive honorees – The right honoree makes your event buzzworthy, before and especially afterwards with quotable quotes! Their career paths are so inspirational, and the speeches that they made when they accepted their awards reminded us what it takes to be a powerful woman in communications.
- Teamwork – With over 1,100 attendees and about a million moving parts, coordination is key. Our supportive Board of Directors and volunteers did everything from helping us sell tables to stuffing goody bags. Staff support from Kellen Company kept everything running smoothly.
- Eye-catching arrangements – From bold red linens to color coordinated goody bags to the lovely flowers at each table, the arrangements in the ballroom took our breath away. Interactive social media screens and professional videos added to the presentation.
Want to learn more about the 2013 Matrix Awards? Visit www.nywici.org/matrix. And hopefully we’ll see you next year – the 2014 Awards will be April 28, 2014!
All photos by Maryanne Russell Photography, www.maryannerussell.com.